Re: Review of PR version of ontology document

Werner,

I have updated the Ontology REC version with your suggestions only a few
issues remain (marked with @@ (see inline).

http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/drafts/ontology10/REC/

Best,

thierry

Le 22/12/2011 19:33, Bailer, Werner a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> Martin and I have reviewed the PR version of the document in the last weeks. Here are comments on two topics: editorial issues in the document and issues with the testsuite (summarised below, but Martin has already posted them to the list).
>
> 1. Editorial comments about the ontology document
>
> - Veronique's affiliation in the editor list: VU is listed in the acknowledgements and in the W3C member listing as "Vrije Universiteit"
OK: editor list updated to "Vrije Universiteit"

> - section 1 introduction
> -- first par: "non available" ->  "not available"
OK changed to "not available"

> -- second par: "will introduce a certain loss in semantic", propose to replace "will" by "may"
OK changed to "may"

> -- 2nd and 3rd bullet point on Dublin Core: remove "the" before "Dublin Core"
OK removed

> - references to formats are inhomogeneous, sometimes uses square brackets, sometimes not, e.g. "EXIF" vs. "[FRBR]" in section 1

OK now  homogeneous

> - section 1.1
> -- 3rd par: "they widespread use" ->  "their ...", also their seems to refer to tech properties, but could also read as referring to container formats, this should be clarified
OK changed to "their ..."

@@ What would you like to have ?

@@ What would you like to have ?

> -- missing example for flv
OK: I have added "xmp:CreateDate"

> - section 3 / Property
> -- Dublin Core should be a link to the reference
OK: Done

> - section 4
> -- the first sentence of the note "Currently, ..." should be dropped
OK sentence removed.

> -- the second sentence of the note should be part of the text rather than a note
OK remove the note presentation , now as normal paragraph.

@@ What would you like to have ?

> -- frameSize: "units MUST be interpreted as pixels" should probably say "values ..."
OK : changed to "then the values MUST be interpreted as pixels."

> -- compression: put mmyyyy under quotes or in italics
OK : edited in italics.

> -- format: insert "/container types" after "bucket media types"
OK : changed to (e.g., wrapper or bucket media types, container types)

> - section 5.2.1.1
> -- definition of more specific/generic: specific is defined as "contain a superset of the semantics", generic as "semantics that is broader" --
> this is in fact the same.

OK : changed to "contain a subset of the semantics"

In accordance with the examples
> -- generic vs. general: the definition uses the term "more generic", while the mapping tables use "more general";
 >this should be harmonised (more general seems to be better, as it
corresponds to the term used by SKOS)

OK : replaced "More generic" by "More general" (and also in the
introduction paragraph)

> - section 5.2.2
> -- column "spec": the column is not present in any of the tables (sometimes there is an untitled columns such as in CableLabs)
OK : removed the  sentence about column "spec"

> -- "into an updated of this" ->  "into an updated version of this"
OK changed to "into an updated version of this specification."

> - MPEG-7 mapping table:
> -- date: change the mapping type to "more specific"
OK for the MPEG-7 date, changed "exact" to "more specific"

> -- policy: add to both the MPEG-7 and XPath columns "or UsageInformation/Rights", change the mapping type to "more general"

OK for the MPEG-7 policy,
- changed "exact" to "more specific"
- changed "UsageInformation/Availability/Rights " "or
UsageInformation/Rights"

> - SMPTE DMS-1 mapping table:
> -- date: change the mapping type to "more specific"

OK for the SMPTE DMS-1 date
- changed "exact" to "more specific"

> - section 6.1
> -- heading starts with "Example 1", in contrast to the headings of other examples
OK , removed "Example 1" wording

> -- section 6.2
> -- "not a use case that has been considered": "originally" should be inserted, as this section actually considers the use case

  OK: changed to "a use case that has been originally considered"

> - section 6.4
> -- first par: "gerenal" ->  "general"
OK changed to "general"

> -- there is<tt></tt>  markup throughout the section, which probably should be formating rather than being verbatim code

> - annex B references
> -- the CR of the Media Fragment Spec should be referenced, and it should not say "W3C Recommendation" as it does now

OK updated with courier font style.

[MediaFragment]
R. Troncy, E. Mannens, Silvia Pfeiffer, Davy Van Deursen Eds Media
Fragments URI 1.0. W3C Candidate Recommendation 1 December 2011.
Available for download at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/CR-media-frags-20111201/. The latest version
of the Media fragments specification is available for download at
http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags.

> 2. Issues in the test suite
>
> There are a few issues with the test suite files (e.g. RDF/XML was updated, but Turtle version of the same file is outdated or missing). Martin has reported these issues in the following mails to the group:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Dec/0032.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Dec/0008.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Dec/0007.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2011Dec/0006.html
>
> For many of these issues, fixed version of the mentioned files have already been posted to the list.

I have published the fixed version of the mentioned files. Please check.

Best,

thierry