Re: [mawg] action-249: rdfs taskforce update

Hi Veronique,

Am 01.06.2010 12:02, schrieb Veronique Malaise:
> Hi Tobias, all,
>
> I had two questions about this version:
> 1/ how do you envisage to express the value of the rating if the
> rating property is an object property, pointing to a skos Concept?
> <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="rating">
>      <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#Concept"/>
>      <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#MediaResource"/>
>    </owl:ObjectProperty>
So we envisaged to express avalable rating values as SKOS: Concept(s).
This is a rather simple approach; I agree. We could think of including a
more complex rating scheme as well (e.g. something similar to the PICS
rating scheme or the review vocabulary)

> 2/ how do you envisage to represent the position as lat/long/alt if
> this is the only value that you have for the location? This could work
> with a GeoRSS concept, for example, but maybe you decided on the
> implementation of one of the possible options only? Just wondering :)
We envisaged the encoding of positions via a Location concept which we
introduced (see hasLocation(Location)). The Location concept is however
not yet specified. We didn't get too far with discussion of the shape of
the concepts we introduced (also Person, etc. is rather underspecified
currently).

Best,

Tobias