Re: [call for comments] ma:compression vs. ma:coding vs. ma:encoding

On Apr 28, 2010, at 3:00 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> They are not really URIs, but URNs that were defined by MPEG. Also, I would suggest to extend the document with the codecs parameter for the MIME types which have been standardised for some of the existing MPEG MIME types (and are actually in use in HTML5).
Well, yes, please provide me a list and I'm happy to integrate. However, this document just maintains MPEG codecs ;-)

> I can see that you would want more information on the format than just encapsulation format and codecs (which is typically what the MIME types give you). You also want profiles. Maybe then ma:encoding_profiles is the right word?
Don't get me wrong, I just wanted to point out, that this document exists and maybe you find it useful for your discussion.

Best regards,
 -Christian