RE: Definition of subproperties and way forward

Is it possible to make the sub-properties a slice of conformance?

________________________________

From: public-media-annotation-request@w3.org [mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Park
Sent: den 23 november 2009 12:39
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Subject: Definition of subproperties and way forward

Folks,

We spent too much time for that issue both in Santa Clara and in mailing list. It's time to come up with a direction at this stage I believe. I (chair hat-on) don't have an objection with the summary below from Felix, also, that seems to us very reasonable way for the first step...

Call for your opinion, any strong objection ?

It will be also discussed finally at upcoming teleconf tomorrow.

Daniel

--
Soohong Daniel Park
Samsung Electronics, DMC R&D

[cut-and-paste]

There seems to be one open question to me: Is it OK for us to start work on subproperties although we have not reached our goals even with the simple properties? IMO, we should first for all simple properties
- define the API methods (done to some extend)
- provide test cases and test suite material (not done at all)
- run the tests with at least two implementations
so that we can be sure to declare victory, even if we don't get to the sub property part.
So I am saying not "no" about sub properties, but postpone work on them until we have done our basic job.

Would you and others agree with that?

Best,

Felix