Re: [mawg] RE: [q] MAWG: Definition of subproperties

Hello Pierre-Antoine,

2009/11/19 Pierre-Antoine <pierre-antoine.champin@liris.cnrs.fr>

> Jean-Pierre, Felix,
>
> If I understand your point, our focus should be on enabling existing
> formats to map to the API, not on hoping that people will drop those
> format in favor of RDF with an ad-hoc new vocabulary. And I agree with
> that.
>
> However, I don't think that defining an API and defining a language are
> so different tasks as you seem to imply. An API is a vocabulary for a
> programming language. An ontology is (in the SemWeb world) a vocabulary
> for RDF. We are to focus on the API, granted, and the ontology is here
> only to formally define the mapping. But let's not discard a proposal
> just because it is about a "vocabulary".

I think Jean-Pierre is not saying that we should discard the proposal. I
think he is talking about "what should we focus on?", and that he has
worries of the group getting side-tracked. My take on that would be "first
the easy part", that is: do not discard the proposal, but work on it after
we have finished our main work items in a timely manner.

Best,

Felix