From: public-media-annotation-request@w3.org [mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Chris Poppe
Sent: Montag, 16. November 2009 10:41
To: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Subject: [MAWG] Web IDL version of the generic GET-method

Dear all,

According to my action item (ACTION-187 Create a Web IDL specification to the generic GET Method) I hereby sent the Web IDL specification of such a method (open for discussion). This specification is based on the current strawman API design [1]

module mawg {
                interface MediaResource {

                               // Generic Get method
                               object[] getProperty(in propertyName, in optional DOMString sourceFormat, in optional DOMString subtype, in optional DOMString language, in optional DOMstring fragment );

                               //Iterating
                                DOMString[] getPropertyNamesWithValues(in optional DOMString sourceFormat, in optional DOMString language, in optional DOMString fragment);
                               DOMString[] getSourceFormatsWithValues(in optional DOMString language);
                               DOMString getOriginalData(in DOMString sourceFormat);

//Method for retrieval of the reason of an error
                               DOMString getDiagnosis();
}
}

I didn't know what the appropriate place would be for this updated definition. Do we create an API for Media Resource 1.1? And where should it be placed (Drafts in WG Space, Drafts in development, ...)?

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Strawman_API_design_and_notes

Kind regards,
Chris

Ghent University - IBBT
Faculty of Engineering
Department of Electronics and Information Systems (ELIS)
Multimedia Lab Gaston Crommenlaan 8 bus 201
B-9050 Ledeberg-Ghent
Belgium

t: +32 9 33 14959
f: +32 9 33 14896