Re: [mawg] Re: ACTION-177: API at client/server side (was: Call for Test Cases)

2009/11/11 Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>

> Hi Felix, Werner,
>
> I don't quite follow the discussion.
>
> Let's say we look at the browser case. It will typically use some kind
> of media framework to implement <video> and <audio> element support.
> These support multiple formats. Each format may have different
> metadata, but the media framework will implement access functions for
> this metadata.

Ah, OK. That point "the media framework will implement access functions for
this metadata" I was not sure about. There are some formats which we have in
scope (e.g. XMP), but which provide no platform-unspecific media framework /
access functions. How would you deal with these?

Best,

Felix