Re: [FYI] [W3C MAWG] Example of property mapping using semantic technologies

Tobias Bürger wrote:
>> 1/ I do not agree about the mapping between xmp:CreatorTool (a *tool*)
>>     and dc:creator (an *agent*).
>>
> We had a discussion about this actually, too. The official defintion of
> dc:creator is "Examples of a Creator include a person, an organization,
> or a service. Typically, the name of a Creator should be used to
> indicate the entity." [2] So a creator can be a service. It is debateble
> if this includes a tool, too.

About dc:Creator, since
1/ the DC spec calls it a service rather than a software, and
2/ the other two examples (person, organization) are clearly agents,

I tend to interpret "service" here not as *any* software, but as having
some "agentive quality".

For example, a webcam publishing photos on the web every 10 minutes, is
making it "on its own", in a sense. Although one could attribute those
photos to the person/organization that owns the webcam, it may seem more
 relevant to state that the webcam (or the software running it) creates
the photos.

But this is, in my view, very different from stating that "photoshop" or
"the gimp" created a photo that I edited with them.

Note that I have no definite optinion on whether the software running
the webcam is an appropriate value for xmp:CreatorTool, though... :)

  pa