Re: [mawg] Re: Audio and music?

Hi,

I attempted to address this kind of problem in my (now outdated, I
should use the ma: properties now) toy implementation.

   http://liris.cnrs.fr/~pchampin/wsgi/mawg/

The same kind of problem exists in ID3, where some fields apply to the
encoding, others to the recording, others to the performance.

So my implementation implicitly defines other resources, producing
something that can be expressed in N3 as follow:

<>
     dc:coverage "2.483" ;
     dc:date "2009-02-09" ; # from TDEN
     dc:source <#mawg-id3:recording> .

<#mawg-id3:recording>
     dc:date "2009-02-09" ; # from TDRC
     dc:source <#mawg-id3:performance> .

<#mawg-id3:performance>
     dc:date "2009-02-10" ; # from TDRL
     dc:creator "Pierre-Antoine Champin", "John Doe" ; # from TPE1
     dc:contributor "P-A. Champin" . # from TCOM

Unless you check "strict", the implementation will try to find the
"closest" (inherited) value for the required property, so the
dc:contributor of <> will be "P-A. Champin".

If you check "multiple", all possible values (inherited or not) will be
returned (unless again "strict" is checked).

If you check "structured", you will get more metadata about the values,
including a flag indicating whether the value has been inherited or not.

This is just a personnal proposal, but I think it is a good general
principle of dealing with this complexity while keeping simple usage
scenarios simple for the API user.

   pa

In my example, checking "multiple" and "structured" allows you to see