From: public-media-annotation-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Pierre-Antoine
Champin
Sent: donderdag 18 juni 2009 11:16
To: Dan Brickley
Cc: public-media-annotation@w3.org
Subject: Re: Why not use DC?

Dan Brickley a écrit :
> On 18/6/09 02:48, Renato Iannella wrote:
>>
>> In Section 4.1.2 of
>> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-mediaont-10-20090618>
>> abut 11 of the Core Properties are the same as Dublin Core - why not
>> use that namespace?
>
> One argument might be reduced scope, however in
>

> ...it's clear that a "Media Resource" can be anything, since "related
> to" is completely unconstrained.

ehr... that was not really the intended meaning of "related to" :-/ (though
now that you're pointing it out, it can indeed be interpreted that way).

According to your interpretation, the director of a movie would be covered
by the definition, which was indeed not intended (or did I miss something?
;-)

Would "Any Resource (...) representing a media content" be clearer (this is
a question to the WG as well) ? It may seem a little too "concrete"
at first sight (e.g. implying "machine representation"), but I think the
following paragraph makes it clear it can be more abstract.

  pa