Re: mapping table 2.0

Dear David,

I do not know if somebody already replied...

my answers to your questions are below.

David Singer wrote:
> we have a few minor questions about the mappings:
>
> 1) Should xmpDM:artist (and QuickTime İart) map to ID3 TPE2?
>         4.2.1   TPE2    [#TPE2 Band/orchestra/accompaniment]
Personally I would map TPE1, TPE2, TPE3, TPE4 to xmpDM:artist
> 2) Should dc:creator (QuickTime İaut) map to TEXT?
>      4.2.1   TEXT    [#TEXT Lyricist/Text writer]
This is a tricky thing - we are again on the FRBR level, because
actually we have different creators (the composer/lyricist, the
performer is also a kind of creator, the guy who made the recording, but
also the guy who created the mp3 is a kind of creator)

I am not sure about this, to be honest, when we only have one level.

I would map TOPE (which is the original performer), the composer (TCOM)
and the lyricist (TEXT) to to dc:creator
> 3) Are we missing a line for ID3 TENC (and matching QT Tag İenc)?
>         4.2.1   TENC    [#TENC Encoded by]
If this property means the person, then this is again another creator
(see my answer above); either we map it to dc:creator or we have to
introduce more abstraction levels for which we then should introduce a
new line for the encoder.
If it means the encoding tool then we could map it to xmp:CreatorTool
> 4) Does dc:date (İday) map to TDAT or TDRL?
>         4.2.1   TDAT    [#TDAT Date]
>         4.2.5   TDRL Release time (note that this is version 2.4)
I would map TDRL to dc:date and TDAT to xmp:CreateDate.

All of the question you posed are tricky. I am therefore looking forward
to discuss this further.

Best regards,

Tobias

> --