RE: What is needed to move forward

Dear Felix,

Thanks for the feedback.

As you know, although I have now gathered some experience in traditional
metadata and schema definition, I am a newcomer in all this 'ontology'
world.

With this limited  knowledge and (non-academic) background, I have sometimes
my own views on the answers to several of the questions I raised... but not
always.  I have tried to write the whole TV-Anytime in RDF-OWL.  This is
certainly quite imperfect (this has been a source of lots of still
unanswered questions on RDF/OWL modelling)  but if a contribution like this
could help I am happy to share it, although I don't want to be seen as
pushing anything (just hoping for feedback). Of course the complexity of
this model has nothing to do with our mapping to XMP.

I have another one on NewsML-G2, which I'll rewrite reusing the approach I
followed for TVA. On this one, I could see the benefits of RDF because the
model is 'simple' and generating instances is easy.  But it is a completely
different matter with TVA and the 'industrialisation' of generating masses
of metadata in this format raises a number of issues (it was so simple with
pure XML). So I hope the promises of semantic web will hold.

Regards,

Jean-Pierre