AW: [MAWG] API specification

Dear Victor,

thanks for raising these issues, here are my comments to some of them:

1. URIs: is there a way in IDL to define a pattern restricted string?

2. yes, I think having separate interfaces for get and (maybe one day in the future) for set is good

3. can IDL use Unicode strings?

4. This is tricky, as you need a consitent user identification during annotation and later use of the annotation. As it is only for user-defined properties, a practical solution could be to provide a method for getting the list of user IDs for which annotations have been provided, and then use one of those for querying the actual annotation. An application could then still do some processing to resolve them. Maybe also the domain of the user ID could be also returned, e.g. "user123" with domain "www.youtube.com", then the application could look up the user's profile and get possibly further info, e.g. a name to display.

Best regards,
Werner