Re: draft for "Canonical Processes" Use Case and updates to the UC and Req document

Hello Veronique,

2009/4/2 Veronique Malaise <vmalaise@few.vu.nl>

> Hello Felix,
>
> I could probably come up with an example, I could also borrow the one
> developped by Raphael at the workshop of the SAMT conference, if this could
> be authorised :)

That would be great :)

> The problem is not so much of passing on metadata as such, it is that the
> metadata are encoded in different formats that are not dealt with in the
> other processes, although some properties might be interesting to propagate:
> some keywords or tags, creating date etc can be assigned at different
> moments in the life cycle, but expressed in different metadata schemas.
> Which is the part where the Ontology could have a role to play. If I
> understood correctly, of course :)

Probably you have - and I do not disagree with you. Nevertheless, from a
recent event at a the local film studio and discussion with experts in the
area, I have the impression that in movie industry business reality both is
an issue - that is, setting up the chain between the hundreds or thousands
of people in video / movie production, and being able to pass properties
along the way. Do we have people on this list who are in video / movie
production and could comment on that?

Felix