RE: FW: Initial draft of Use Cases and Requirements for Media Ontology 1.0

Hi. Tobias.
Sorry for late response. I was in business trip.

Most of all, thank you so much for valuable comments.
For the part of Top-Down Modelling Approach, Veronique might have better opinions than me.
So I added my opinions inline for only comments of use cases.

Wonsuk Lee, Senior Researcher/Ph.d
ETRI, Protocol Engineering Center
161 Kajong-Dong, Yusong-Gu, Daejeon
305-700, South Korea
Voice  : +82-42-860-4893,
Fax: +82-42-861-5404
E-mail : wslee@etri.re.kr, wslee@w3.org

In my point of view, most important thing is to describe appropriate use cases for making the requirements.
After that, if we have many use cases we can consider the grouping issue.

> * 3.2 (CH) vs 3.5 (Tagging) : In the CH use case you exclude
> categorization schemes and vocabularies from the scope ot the ontology,
> but in tagging (which is some sort of categorization or better
> classification) it is included. What is the general opinion in the
> group? Does the tagging use case still fit based on the requirements
> with respect to the other use cases?

I think CH use case is not mature yet.
So this should be made better with respect to consider this comment.

> * A general idea: perhaps we group the requirements according to
> different metadata types and then refer to these types in each use case
> and in the requirements summary? I have something in mind like the list
> you came up at the end of the video use case with different metadata
> types which are especially useful to support the tasks for this use case...

I think this is good comment.
But I am not exactly sure that how deeply we describe the use case in terms of target metadata for video annotation.