Re: [Mediann] Ad. "Return Type / String vs Uri" - Issue

Hi Tobias,

I think this is a very good example on how to make a distinction between
"only string value" and "URI value" on the metadata level, and it would
be great to have it in a wiki page. However, IMO we are going to provide
an API which should provide access on a metamodel metadata level. Or to
put this into a question: If we have a method getSubject, should it return
1) the complete DC-TEXT presentation
2) the completet RDF/XML representation
3) If the input is example 1: the URI. If yes, how does the API "know"
that it needs to do that?
4) If the input is example 2: the string value. If yes, how does the API
"know" that it needs to do that?

I think you are aiming for 3) and 4), but I'm not sure.

Best,

Felix

Tobias Bürger さんは書きました: