From: Honore, Adam <adh@amazon.com>
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021 2:57 PM
To: Benedict Whittam Smith <ben@deonticdata.com>; public-md-odrl-profile@w3.org <public-md-odrl-profile@w3.org>
Cc: Boulleau, Marthe <marbom@amazon.com>
Subject: Re: Rights Automation CG Teleconference 2021-10-13

Marthe is going to replace me for a bit until you all get to a point where you need help with #1 below. She’ll let me know when you’re ready.

-----------

Adam Honoré

From: Benedict Whittam Smith <ben@deonticdata.com>
Date: Monday, October 11, 2021 at 6:26 AM
To: "public-md-odrl-profile@w3.org" <public-md-odrl-profile@w3.org>

Rights Automation Community Group
Teleconference 2021-10-13

Please send your regrets in advance.

If you are unfamiliar with the W3C you may want to review the orientation guide<https://w3c.github.io/market-data-odrl-profile/orientation.html>.

Logistics

Chair: Ben

Date: 2021-10-13T1500Z

  *   1100-1200 US Eastern
  *   1600-1700 UK/Ireland
  *   1700-1800 CET

Dial-in Details (Zoom) are on the Calendar Invite<http://www.w3.org/2020/04/md-odrl-profile.ics> (group member only link)

Please join by both voice and by IRC (details<https://w3c.github.io/market-data-odrl-profile/orientation.html#irc>)

IRC Channel: md-odrl-profile, irc.w3.org (Web interface<http://irc.w3.org/>)

Agenda

We won't get much chance to go into detail with an agenda this long, but I think it will help us set a direction for the coming year.

  1.  WIFIC: what should we be aiming to present in a year?

  *   Automated rights management for internal/Cloud data marketplaces?

  1.  Best Practices Document: Common Modelling Patterns For example, how should we express, in ODRL:

  *   Payment duties
  *   Consent duties
  *   The distribution of derived data
  *   Control over the use of distributed data ... and on

  1.  What types of Policies do we need from a supply-chain perspective?

  *   Requests - from data consumers to data providers
  *   Offers - from data providers to data consumers
  *   Agreements - between consumers and providers
  *   Sets - template policies

  1.  Reference Architecture

  *   What is a reference architecture?
  *   What's in? That which supports interoperability?
  *   Agents and orchestration
  *   XACML architecture
  *   Key components

  1.  Relationship with ODRL Central:

  *   ODRL Formalism (inc. Deontic State, Prohibitions)
  *   Temporal

Materials

Documents and links on the group GitHub pages<https://w3c.github.io/market-data-odrl-profile>