From: Whittam Smith, Benedict (Refinitiv) [mailto:benedict.whittamsmith@refinitiv.com]
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 8:06 AM
To: public-md-odrl-profile@w3.org
Subject: We're NOT offering legal advice ...

Hi All - and especially the lawyers among us,

A supplier of market data has enquired how we ensure that the readers of our license translations don't assume that we're offering legal advice as to the meaning of the source license. I presently use the following rubric above each translation: "The interpretation presented below is a work in progress. It is presented solely as an exploration of automated rights management and is intended to provoke debate." You can see it in action here<https://github.com/w3c/market-data-odrl-profile/blob/gh-pages/translations/CME-CatA.md>.

Is it enough?

Ben

---
This communication may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this communication in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this communication. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this communication is strictly forbidden.

Please refer to https://db.com/disclosures for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.

Deutsche Bank does not render legal or tax advice, and the information contained in this communication should not be regarded as such.