Re: Glossary updates

Dear all,

I have gone through a revision of all the items with NOTE or X. I have made
some local corrections, or proposed alternative definitions (sorry about
that) and also proposed a new item: Interaction !!. All of these are
written in green. Plus, I have made some comments.

The most notable thing is that I have tried to provide a revision of the
definitions of AUI, CUI, Physical UI, which should make the three levels
more consistent. In this respect, as I said over the last telcon, I do not
think there is such a thing as an AUI, but AUI and CUI are only modeling
artefact. Also, I have tried to revise uses of the term model so as to make
them consistent. I hope I succeeded in this.

As I am on a 7-hour time difference, the next telcons will occur when it
20.00 in Japan, making it difficult for me to join. Almost certainly, it
will not be possible for me to do it tomorrow

best

paolo

2013/3/30 Jaroslav Pullmann <jaroslav.pullmann@fit.fraunhofer.de>

>  Hello Joëlle,
>
>  yes, this marking is intended to distinguish the definition row (out of
> possibly many associated
>  to a single term), which is going to be published.  The inclusion of
> terms themselves is marked
>  on the left ("X") of the term.
>
>  Best regards
>   Jaroslav
>

> On Saturday, March 30, 2013 10:14 CET, Joëlle Coutaz <
> joelle.coutaz@imag.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hi Jaroslav.
> > If I understand you correctly, you have inserted the flag "NOTE" to help
> the group to focus on the entries for which  a final decision has to be
> made. "NOTE" is attached to other entries than the ones you have listed
> below as NOTE is attached to almost all the entries I have modified.
> >
> > I let the group make the final decision.
> > Happy Easter,
> > --joelle
> >
> > On 30 Mar 2013, at 9:43, Jaroslav Pullmann wrote:
> >

> > > Dear Joëlle, dear all,
> > >
> > > thank you for a thorough review and complement of the glossary!
> > > There are definitions where a final selection out of alternative
> > > wordings should be verified/decided by placing a marking ("NOTE"):
> > >
> > >  Adaptability
> > >  Adaptivity
> > >  Distribution
> > >  Distributed User Interface
> > >  Elasticity
> > >  Interactor
> > >  Mono-target UI (bullet list only)
> > >  Presentation Unit (pending, obsolate)
> > >  Reification
> > >
> > > Because of Easter holidays I will not be available for the telcon on
> April,
> > > 4th. In case you agree on finalizing and publishing the glossary I
> will take
> > > care of the formatting.
> > >
> > >  Best regards
> > >   Jaroslav

> foundational terms used in the Task and AUI documents.
> answered to most comments + added a couple of new comments.

> http://iihm.imag.fr/coutaz, tel. 33 4 76 51 48 54

> > > --
> > > --
> > > Jaroslav Pullmann
> > > Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT
> > > Web Compliance Center: http://imergo.com/ · http://imergo.de/
> > > Schloss Birlinghoven, D-53757 Sankt Augustin, Germany
> > > Phone: +49-2241-142623 · Fax: +49-2241-142065
> > >

> > *************************************************************************
> > Joelle COUTAZ, Professeur émérite
> > Lab. LIG (laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble)
> > 41 rue des Mathématiques, 38400 St-Martin d'Hères, France,
> http://iihm.imag.fr/coutaz, tel. 33 4 76 51 48 54
> > *************************************************************************
> >

> --
> --
> Jaroslav Pullmann
> Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT
> Web Compliance Center: http://imergo.com/ · http://imergo.de/
> [...]

Paolo Bottoni

Associate Professor of Computer Science

Email: bottoni@di.uniroma1.it