Re: call for comments on publishing task models spec

Hello,

I think I agree with Gerrit on all the top-level comments, and this
has made me realise what was the nature of the problem with the unary
operator I mentioned in the telcon last week.

As it is, the metamodel does not clearly separate the nature of the
tasks from their structuring. Hence, it adheres to the CTT syntax, but
would render it difficult to adapt it to different syntaxes, say HTA,
where this separation is explicit.

I attach a fragment of the task model which I think would make this
clearer, without changing the semantics (modulo Gerrit's comments and
mine from yesterday). Also, I propose to see Interaction and System
(modulo the discussion whether we need User and Abstraction tasks) as
categories of tasks, rather than subtypes.

I remember that there was a discussion in Pisa (regarding whether to
consider actors performing the tasks) to avoid constraints in the
metamodel, with a view to translation to XML. However I think this
should not limit ourselves in this respect, as we can express them as
validity constraints on XML documents.

Sorry for coming up at the last moment, but  I have realised the
nature of my doubts only now

Hope it helps

best

paolo