Da: Gerrit Meixner [mailto:Gerrit.Meixner@dfki.de]
Inviato: lunedì 20 agosto 2012 06:29
A: 'Dave Raggett'
Cc: public-mbui@w3.org
Oggetto: AW: MBUI limitation

Hi Dave,

thanks for forwarding the comment by Yan.

Here I guess we can see the different views people have on a specification
again. XML-based languages in MBUID have a long tradition and are well
established in this community.
Also in practice XML-based languages for e.g., infotainment systems are
specified in such a way (e.g., OEM-XML, AbstractHMI).
We had many talks about the different possibilities for using a specific
notation. People have arguments for paper-based informal specifications and
people have arguments for (more) formal specifications.
It depends on the user (group) you are asking. Often the least common
denominator is a XML-based language. But in the end it doesn't matter which
way you go (XML or RDF/OWL) because you will always need powerful tools to
support people.

What do the others think about the comment of Yan?

Best regards
Gerrit

========================
Dr.-Ing. Gerrit Meixner
Head of the Human-Machine-Interaction group

German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) Innovative Factory
Systems (IFS) Trippstadter Strasse 122
67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany

Tel./Fax/Mobile/E-Mail/Web
+49 (0) 631 / 205 75 3415
+49 (0) 631 / 205 75 3402
+49 (0) 157 / 725 95 865
Gerrit.Meixner@dfki.de
http://www.dfki.de
========================
Legal statement:
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH Trippstadter
Strasse 122
67663 Kaiserslautern

Geschäftsführung:
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender), Dr. Walter
Olthoff Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313