From: Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com<mailto:dauwhe@gmail.com>>
Subject: Re: CSS question: Can you do character level coloring?
Date: September 24, 2018 at 10:37:27 AM PDT
To: charlesl@benetech.org<mailto:charlesl@benetech.org>

Hi Charles,

You're right--there's no easy way. Javascript could wrap a span around
each such character, which could then be styled. But you can't select
all "3"s in an element, and change their style.

It might also be possible to create fonts with such coloring built-in,
using OpenType-SVG fonts. Haven't tried this yet.

Thanks!

Dave