Re: [EXTERNAL] Notable mention of rich math applications, "details-on-demand"

Moritz,

I'm interested in how an image in the linked article
<https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c9/E%3Dmc%C2%B2-explication.svg/236px-E%3Dmc%C2%B2-explication.svg.png>
was generated. Based on the link name, it seems to have come from svg and
converted to png, but how was the SVG generated? Is there a program that
links the text to the displayed math? E.g, I can imagine something like
   <mi data-annotation="mass">m</mi>
or
   <mi data-annotation-id="someID">m</mi>

or something equivalent involving wrapping <semantics> around each mi and
having some JS or other code connect the pieces. On the other hand, I can
more easily imagine that someone used a drawing tool to add the annotations
and lines to an image of the math.

If the former exists, I'd appreciate a pointer to the tool. If it doesn't
exist, it would be a really cool tool to develop.

    Neil