From: Charles LaPierre <charlesl@benetech.org>
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2020 3:50 PM
To: David Farmer <farmer@aimath.org>
Cc: public-mathml4@w3.org
Subject: Re: Some feedback from Chemistry CG

They don’t want us to do any conversion of chemical symbols to the chemical names.  That doesn’t mean that a 3rd party plug-in / feature of their screen reader could add this functionality.  But without knowing the semantics that this is a chemical equation that won’t be possible.  So I think knowing the semantics is still very important.  They just don’t was MathML to dictate how things will be spoken.

Thanks
EOM
Charles LaPierre
Technical Lead, DIAGRAM and Born Accessible

Imageshare Product Manager
Twitter: @CLaPierreA11Y
Skype: charles_lapierre