Re: Charter changes/resolutions -- last call

I haven't had time to follow the cg discussions recently, but IIUC the
answer on the Google doc and in the thread was that it shouldn't be in
the decision policy. I don't know what the status is right now.

My proposal was just that MathML Core must follow the minimal
requirements for a "good" web platform specification, like what is done
in other groups where browser vendors are involved. Otherwise, either
there is a risk to go back to a low-quality standard (which is bad for
the CG's image since we have been communicating we are fixing past
mistakes) or a company has to veto proposals (which is creating
frustration within the group). I feel like stating these minimal
requirements somewhere would help those who are not familiar with
browser development, as I have the impression many CG members just don't
understand them, think decisions are arbitrary or can't estimate the
implied effort required by spec changes. It's absurd to hear things like
"Igalia is blocking this because they don't want to implement it" when
we are currently the only company trying to do the required effort for
MathML in browsers and when these minimal requirements have been set by
others.

--
Frédéric Wang