Re: Semantic Markup: mrow's are needed

On 6/29/20 9:11 PM, Neil Soiffer wrote:
> Apologies for the delayed reply -- I put some blinders on for a few days
> to grind out some code to linebreak/indent MathML.
>
> I think David's second reply is the correct one as to my way of
> thinking. Using my current (but now old) proposal:
> <mrow notation="times(factorial(@1), factorial(#3))">
> <mi>m</mi>
> <mo>!</mo>
> <mi>n</mi>
> <mo>!</mo>
> </mrow>
>
> I think Deyan was aiming at something like that using his proposal's
> notation, but I don't think it is right. Nowhere is "factorial" present.

Right, I think what he was *trying* to say was
<mrow notation="times(@f1(@b1),@f2(@b2))">
   <mi arg="b1">m</mi>
   <mo arg="f1" notation="factorial">!</mo>
   <mi arg="b2">n</mi>
   <mo arg="f2" notation="factorial">!</mo>
</mrow>

Which is semantically equivalent to what you wrote, but has the
advantage that an agent can more easily track that each "!"
corresponds to factorial (for highlighting, navigation, ...
  or even linking ? :>

--
bruce.miller@nist.gov
http://math.nist.gov/~BMiller/