Re: [public-mathml4] <none>

On 05/12/2019 06:28, Neil Soiffer wrote:

> Charles: MS is interested but will not say publicly they will
> implement what Igalia’s MathML implementation but they are very
> interested in it and hopeful this will be their solution.
>
> George: we do have some influence from the accessibility side of
> Microsoft.

I'm really curious about these. AFAIK, the Edge team wants
interoperability and will align Edge's support on whatever is in Chrome.
The rendering part is implemented in Blink, so that's just a matter of
deciding whether they turn on a flag anyway.

But I'm wondering if you were talking about the accessibility part
instead, which might indeed require some platform-specific (UI
Automation) work from the Edge team. Microsoft never commented on the
public blink-dev thread where a11y was mentioned, so I would be
interested if you can share more info or put me in touch with relevant
contacts at Microsoft.

>     Avneesh: MathJax V3 has the default off. V3 has a workaround to
> turn this back on it is buried in the menu system

This is a big concern to be, I think this will cause serious regressions
for users. One special case is Wikipedia:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T237516

@Moritz: Can you provide an update on this? The status/plan does not
seem clear at all from the comments on the phabricator entry.

--
Frédéric Wang