Re: para definition, syntax and semantic. Summary

On 25 November 2012 05:29, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24 November 2012 21:13, Pablo Olmos de Aguilera C.
> <pablo@glatelier.org> wrote:
>> I'm sorry if this has been already discussed... but I'm curious about
>> "newlines" (maybe I read it somewhere that it's out of the scope).
>>
>> github md uses that each line break...
>>
>> Roses and red
>> violets are blue
>>
>> Results in actually two lines, not "one" long. Indeed, I can't see why
>> anyone would want to use a line break if they actually didn't mean to.
>
> Which is different from currentMD and many other implementations which
> follow the logic described by Ryan.
>
> Hence the discussion.

I think a little more about it, and well... I'm gonna answer myself.
If for example I write the documentation of an app in markdown, of
course I would like to write it with a "line break", since in a
terminal (for ie) it's simpler to read not more than ~80 columns.
Looks better as "plain text". BUT, if I want to convert that to html
for example, it's not html the best tool for that job.

In fact, if we include that github modification it will create an UGLY
html markup:

markdown:
Roses and red
violetas are blue

html output (githubMD):

or (just guessing),

html output (githubMD):
violets are blue</p>

or (still guessing),

html output (githubMD):
violets are blue</p>

currentMD:

Anyway, the lenght of the line in a html output it's responsability of
css, not html. This is specially true if we decide to make md can
output to a "neutral" language.

Regards,
--
Pablo Olmos de Aguilera Corradini - @PaBLoX