Re: header syntax.

On 23 November 2012 20:52, Max Albrecht <1@178.is> wrote:

>> the baseline/core is intended to support a subset of the current MD spec,
>> intending to support that syntax common to most implementations.
>> I doubt it is possible to support all implementations due to lax specification
>> and different interpretations.
>
> I agree completely, but again: ALL implementations support this per the original spec!
> There *are* corner cases and additions to the spec made by some projects, they need to be dealt with.

1. I think it unlikely that 'all' implementations action all this
header syntax in exactly the same way. We have no evidence of that.
2. If you can provide syntax, semantics and a test suite for 'all'
options, then I'd  still be reluctant
to agree to it as a core profile. It is far too much for a baseline IMHO.

Please make your choice using the poll Max and we'll see what the group want.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.