Re: Moving on. A basic para

Le 21 nov. 2012 à 18:31, Dave Pawson a écrit :
> http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#p
>
> That definition I find confusing. If you can give a syntactic one please try.
>
> My attempt.
> "A paragraph starts in column 1 and continues until two or more newline characters are met."

A paragraph is a string of characters led by
    0 to 3 SP
The paragraph ends with:
    zero to one SP, RET or EOF
    zero to any SP, RET

It might be better to define the unicode character for SP elsewhere. I haven't tested \n, \n\r etc.

Just added
https://github.com/karlcow/markdown-testsuite/blob/master/tests/paragraphs-leading-space.md
https://github.com/karlcow/markdown-testsuite/blob/master/tests/paragraphs-trailing-spaces.md

> Issues:
>  "End a line with two or more spaces" (to insert a line break in the output format). Retain or remove?

keep.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/
Developer Relations, Opera Software