Re: Markdown Content-Type

On 20 November 2012 18:30, Ryan Freebern <rfreebern@unionstmedia.com> wrote:
> "text/x-markdown" indicates that the content-type is experimental. Since our
> goal is to eventually formalize markdown as a standard, it doesn't make
> sense for our endorsed content-type (if any) to be experimental. However,
> RFC4288 says that content-types in the standards tree "MUST correspond to a
> formal publication by a recognized standards body", so until the markdown
> standard is much more mature we can't expect a text/markdown (or similar)
> content-type to be accepted by the IESG.

1. Isn't that an issue for a server, i.e. not for a MD document?
the only impact on this group is if we wish to add something to indicate
the content-type. With the discussions to date, that is a 'later' issue, once
we have defined a baseline.
I have added to the collated issues list.

> I think the standard should address issues such as expected metadata (which
> is what the content-type and filename extension convey), because
> standardizing metadata allows for easier tooling.

I'll add that as an extension, again deferred until once we have a baseline.
Thanks Ryan. Good prompt.

regards

--
Dave Pawson