Re: To start at the beginning

On 20 November 2012 15:11, Ryan Freebern <rfreebern@unionstmedia.com> wrote:
> Re: the scope, I know most discussion so far has centered on the markdown →
> HTML flow, but is there value in writing the spec using generic terms
> ("Level one header", "numbered list", etc.) rather than explicitly referring
> to HTML tags?

In my opinion? Yes, great value.
I agree HTML (or XHTML) may be a prime output. I still think there is
benefit in a more generic definition which is output format neutral.

Not very hard to translate as Ryan has, above.

 Markdown can theoretically be compiled to any other
> presentational format, so the spec ought to be applicable to all of them. I
> could easily see someone wanting to write a markdown → LaTeX or a markdown →
> MediaWiki converter, for example.

Far less usage, but I believe our output note would be of greater use
if output neutral.

Please shout if you agree or disagree (and tell us why)

regards DaveP

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.