Re: extension of markdown files

Sure - there are good schema for XHTML 1.1 and HTML 4.  My (admittedly
biased) preference would be for XHTML 1.1 with suitable limitations so it
just works in an HTML 4/5 user agent.  I agree that we cannot rely upon any
HTML5 extensions in basic specification.  HTML5 has not yet even entered
last call - it is stabilizing, but not stable.

If people are open to my ARIA suggestions, then there is a XHTML+ARIA
schema out there we could use.

--
Shane P. McCarron