Re: extension of markdown files

On 20 November 2012 12:51, Ryan Freebern <rfreebern@unionstmedia.com> wrote:
> I feel like the spec ought to address "identifying markdown content" in some
> way, and filename extensions and MIME types are the two obvious ways to do
> that. I think filename extensions are somewhat arbitrary, but without adding
> a doctype to the markdown syntax I don't see a better way. That said, I've
> only ever seen .md, .mkd, and .markdown.
>
> Ryan

My view.
   media-type is only useful when served, say, via http
   a filename extension is useful locally for application association.
   A doctype is an extension to a baseline spec.

So on that basis, identifying markdown is reduced to using a filename extension?

Do you (and others with a view) support that?
If so, as a part of the baseline, or as an extension?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.