Re: extension of markdown files

On 20 November 2012 12:45, Shane McCarron <ahby@aptest.com> wrote:
> I actually think that extensions are usually NOT in scope.  However, if you
> don't think there should be a media type, an extension is an obvious
> announcement mechanism.  Without at least one of these, it is hard for a
> generic processor to decide how to handle the content.  You would have to
> 'open the envelope' and inspect / sniff.  Do-able, but not great.

Perhaps it's just me that is old fashioned. When I want to convert
from md to html
I call up perl to do the job.

I really don't think a processing chain is within spec for the group
Shane? Do you?
  Using a media-type (when served over the net) is another matter,
  When using a file name extension it could be in scope?

What do you think on this one?

btw, I'm not making decisions. I've just been through the email
archive and created a list
of suggestions, ideas etc. I'll attempt to keep it up to date.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.