RE: [Testbed-15-ML] ad-hoc meeting / progress on MapML output support

Hi Jérôme,

> In addition to my earlier comments about <polygon> within a
> <multipolygon>, if I could make one more MapML observation it is that
> the <multipoint> encoding is needlessly heavy.
> I would suggest the option to encode multiple points directly within a
> <multipoint>, as the <coordinates> and </coordinates> tags for each
> single point does not really add anything and adds a lot of overhead.

I am copying the Maps for HTML community list to solicit opinions if any.

It will have some effects on software already out there that will need fixing (GeoServer, MapML Validator, web-map custom element), but I guess it's a work in progress.

I entered an issue for resolution here: https://github.com/Maps4HTML/MapML/issues/44

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Rushforth

Technology Advisor
Canada Centre for Mapping and Earth Observation
Natural Resources Canada / Government of Canada
peter.rushforth@canada.ca / Tel: 613-759-7915

Conseiller technique
Centre canadien de cartographie et d'observation de la Terre
Ressources naturelles Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
peter.rushforth@canada.ca / Tél: 613-759-7915