-Alastair

From: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>

I would start the bullet with this language.
The user can substituted a font family for the author's font family so long as the the following condition is met.

There ratio of the user's font family character size and the average character size taken over font families in the script for the writing system in use does not exceed 1.2.
The average character size for a font family is the width of the Unicode language block measured in pixels divided by the number of characters in that block.
Note: Unassigned characters will be excluded from the Unicode language block as well as any characters that are identified by language experts as inessential to the count. The character count will thus equal the size of the Unicode block minus the number excluded character codes.

The average character size for font families in a given script is the mean average character size taken across a representative sample of font families.
Wayne