RE: Simplifying popup interference

Laura, you win ;).  I'm a sucker for facts and data...

Perhaps this is also a way to include mandating that I should be able to move my mouse onto the popup (per the adjacency loophole in a previous message).  Consider the following rewrite to tighten things up and distinguish hover vs. focus:

Popup Interference: Except where popup presentation is controlled by the user agent, all of the following are true when popup content is visible:

·       Trigger: Popup content does not render any part of its triggering content invisible.

·       Hover: If a popup is triggered via pointer hover, then the pointer may be moved onto the popup content without loss of visibility.

·       Focus: Popup content remains visible while any of its components, including the trigger, have focus.

Where we define popup as " becomes visible only on pointer hover or focus”.

What’s the score?  What does everyone think?  Any inaccessible gaps?

Steve