Re: Combine 79, 78, and 74 SCs? (was Re: Mechanism Disclaimer)

hmmmmm

> The presentation of content does not interfere with the user agent's ability to allow the user to change foreground and background colors, font family​, ​or the spacing between characters, words, lines, or paragraphs​ to the element level, for the full range of values allowed by the user agent​.

I think you might be right here David — but the SC would have to make that a bit clearer.

this could easily be read by some in the following manner.

“The browser (when using HTML) allows "background colors, font family​, ​or the spacing between characters, words, lines, or paragraphs​ to the element level” to the following degrees  (colors from x to y, the following font families, the spacing between characters to be x to y etc)   — but if you use PDF — then you  arecreating content that cannot be adjusted in these ways — so you fail this SC”

Maybe
> The presentation of content does not interfere with the user agent's ability to allow the user to change foreground and background colors, font family​, ​or the spacing between characters, words, lines, or paragraphs​ to the element level, for the full range of values allowed by the user agent​, for the technology chosen for the content.

Lots of words… but this would I think work — and avoid restrictive interpretations that would exclude anything but HTML or markup languages.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden
greggvan@umd.edu