RE: New contrast testing tool for text over background images

Jim, outlines can be a problem for me too if the width of the text is too thin or the same color as the background.

Jonathan

From: Jim Allan [mailto:jimallan@tsbvi.edu]
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2016 5:18 PM
To: Laura Carlson
Cc: Jonathan Avila; public-low-vision-a11y-tf
Subject: Re: New contrast testing tool for text over background images

I have also heard discussion about low contrast letters but they have a shadow on the right side of the letter. This is a FAIL
Would a border around every letter be sufficient?
Extreme case - white background with white text with 1 px outline around each letter. I think this is also a fail.  It would prove difficult at large magnification and for folks with reading and/or cognitive issues. Reading/seeing solid letters is different than reading/seeing outlined letters.
what about gradient letters - bottom of letter passes contrast but top of letter fails - to me this is a FAIL.