Re: New contrast testing tool for text over background images

I have also heard discussion about low contrast letters but they have a
shadow on the right side of the letter. This is a FAIL

Would a border around every letter be sufficient?
Extreme case - white background with white text with 1 px outline around
each letter. I think this is also a fail.  It would prove difficult at
large magnification and for folks with reading and/or cognitive issues.
Reading/seeing solid letters is different than reading/seeing outlined
letters.

what about gradient letters - bottom of letter passes contrast but top of
letter fails - to me this is a FAIL.

--
Jim Allan, Accessibility Coordinator
1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756