RE: lvtf-ACTION-70: Write font sc

Ø  4. Hidden indents. I don't even know what code causes them, but wiki pages have them.

From what I can tell on wiki – it’s list styles override anything you create in a page even with HTML and CSS – so they must be using !important.  Perhaps in the indention issue they are using lists for indention where they should not be?

Ø  6. Absolute placement of headings
Yes, absolute and fixed position of content is very problematic for zoom.  Also problematic are snap to scroll pages that scroll by page and chop off content with overflow preventing users with from seeing the whole screen’s content.  When the user tries to scroll they end up on the next page.    Also in these situations are zoom hijacking – that is page zoom with the mouse doesn’t work as it is taken over to do something else.
Jonathan

Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
SSB BART Group
jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com<mailto:jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>
703.637.8957 (Office)
Visit us online: Website<http://www.ssbbartgroup.com/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/SSBBARTGroup> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ssbbartgroup> | Linkedin<https://www.linkedin.com/company/355266?trk=tyah> | Blog<http://www.ssbbartgroup.com/blog/>
Check out our Digital Accessibility Webinars!<http://www.ssbbartgroup.com/webinars/>

From: Wayne Dick [mailto:wayneedick@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2016 2:21 PM
To: Jonathan Avila
Cc: Low Vision Accessibility Task Force
Subject: Re: lvtf-ACTION-70: Write font sc

I am not sure how to change "the document enables". The issue is this. I do not want to imply that the author needs to build in AT, but what I would like to say is "the author shall introduce no barriers to ...".
I have written a compiler that maps user's non-numerical visual preferences into actual numerical and string parameters that can be used for changing the visual presentation proposed by the font, text and color transformations. The problem is barriers to block level linearization.  Some pages just go blank if you try to modify positioning. Here are a few barriers.
1. In line style with !important parameters.
2. JavaScript that prevents vertical scrolling.
3. Run-time positioning.
4. Hidden indents. I don't even know what code causes them, but wiki pages have them.
5. em based margins and padding.
6. Absolute placement of headings
That's all I can think of for now. Without obstacles like this you can linearize a page and achieve every visual style change we need. We can make narrow normal print columns. Color is no object. We can make "uge" print as  Bernie Sanders would say. Word wrapping would be no problem.
Thanks for the comments Jon.
Wayne