Re: Resize Content, Size of All Interface and Resize Text.

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 12:41:02 -0500
To: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Cc: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Thanks Alastair!

I'll create a new Metadata on mouse-over SC wiki page.

Kindest regards,

Laura
Laura wrote:
> How would you define "metadata" for a new SC:
> "Metadata in a webpage that is shown on mouse-over does not include
> information necessary to understanding the content or functionality."

Well, officially it is: a set of data that describes and gives information
about other data.

However, we can probably be a bit more general though, thinking about it,
how about:

“Information is available through more than one input mechanism.”

That should align nicely with the Mobile TF’s “Concurrent input mechanism”
SC:
https://github.com/w3c/Mobile-A11y-Extension/blob/gh-pages/SCs/m6.md

Tooltips is one example, but that should help catch things which are not
functional per-se, but do require mouse-over or another specific input
mechanism…

Cheers,

-Alastair