Re: See all SC and title attributes

Hi Alastair and All,

Using real on-screen text instead of a title attribute for important
information is exactly the guidance that we provided the vendor after
our 2015 testing [1] results with students with low vision revealed
the cursor hover issue. So, yes I would be in favor of making it an
individual SC. Any ideas on how best we could phrase it?

The HTML5 Rec also warns [2] against use of the title attribute. So
WCAG 2.1 wouldn't be alone in calling out another title attribute
issue.

If we can address the Cursor Overlapping Tooltip Text on Hover Issue
separately, we may want to consider if we need the Seeing All
Interface Elements SC. Shawn or Wayne or others may have a different
perspective, but for me the latest sizing SCs seem to cover the other
“without loss of content or functionality” aspect.

Thank you!

Kindest Regards,
Laura

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-low-vision-a11y-tf/2016Mar/0032.html