Re: Metadata On Hover SC Text

Alan wrote:
> Having the informational content that is available upon hover now be
> required to not be the only means of conveying that information does not
> solve the original problem and introduces further requirements for designers
> and developers...

I don't think so, the proposed SC* was to prevent issues when:
1. The cursor obscures the tooltip.
2. The tooltip obscures other content.

The phrase "Informational content that is only shown by hovering your mouse over
an element" is to be the non-technology term for tooltip, hopefully not too much of a stretch.

Ensuring that tooltips are not relied on benefits low visions users, but also keyboard-only and touch screen users.

It is good practice not to rely on titles to convey information already, I think should help prevent that in practice.

Cheers,

-Alastair