From: Laura Carlson [mailto:laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2016 2:18 PM
To: Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL <ryladog@gmail.com>; Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Cc: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Metadata On Hover SC Text

Hi all,

On the call today [1] we discussed changing the word "discernible" to "fully visible" as it is simpler and sometimes tooltips are clipped.
In addition we discussed changing  "not obscure other content" to simply "not obscured" to cover both use cases. So incorporating that and Alastair's and John's latest tweaks (thank you both), we have:

Informational content which appears on hover that is necessary for understanding must be:
*  fully visible,
*  not obscured,
*  available on focus as well as hover, and
*  available via any input method.

Does that work? I'm still thinking that it may not cover Wayne's use case. And perhaps Marla's?

Do we need to define "fully visible"? If so maybe "Within the viewport. Not clipped or truncated."?

Do we need to update the testability section? If so, anyone have suggested language?

Other thoughts?

Thanks.

Kindest Regards,
Laura