Re: Line Length

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 23:27:15 +0000
To: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>, public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
> It seems like the target of this would be non-responsive websites where text only resize is not working.

Interesting, hmm. If it isn't responsive then the layout isn't adapting, so it will almost certainly fail the proposed Resize content SC.

The only way you could adjust the line length with any certainty on a non-responsive site would be to reflow it, in which case you are largely over-riding the site styles anyway.

I'm still struggling to see what line length brings that reflow hasn't got covered?

If a site were to implement a customise line-length feature, that would be far more work than going reponsive or having an alternate layout.

-Alastair