Re: Hyphenation

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2016 00:04:33 +0000
To: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
CC: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
> "My question is this does that put hyphenation off until WCAG Silver, because content authors cannot change it?" [in PDF/Silverlight]

I downloaded Acrobat (first time for a long time!), and I can't find any option to turn hyphenation on or off.

The 2.1 success criteria requirements says: "Apply across technologies to the greatest extent possible. (Technology-specific issues should usually be addressed in Techniques.)"
https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/WCAG_2.1_Success_Criteria

In this case it isn't possible in non-HTML, but I'm not sure that rules it out? Andrew?

-Alastair