Re: Graphics contrast

Hi Alastair,
Some low-vision feedback on each Pass/Fail example:

1. Agree with FAIL, insufficient contrast as a user - I can perceive the
envelope signifying mail, but concerned there is some symbol in the lower
right corner of envelope and I have no idea what that is or what it's for
2. Agree with PASS, as I can perceive the clock face. However, if the
circle of gray background has meaning of significance, it is harder to
detect.
3. Agree with FAIL. That's a telephone? I'll take your word for it. :)
4. Agree with PASS - icons appear highly visible
5. Agree with PASS (though with AT altered colors, blue vs. pink bars not
clear)
6. Would say FAIL - I would need the mouse-over aspects to supplement
perception, if we're ignoring mouse-over, color distinctions are difficult
7. Agree with FAIL - due to using color alone. Contrast is actually good
8. Agree with FAIL - bottom half of chart has distinguishable slices, but
top half is difficult to distinguish slices
9. Agree with FAIL - for reasons of Contrast noted, plus colors used for
Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest appear too similar, hard to
distinguish
10. Agree with PASS (contrast) FAIL (color) and your assessment
11. Agree with PASS (contrast) FAIL (color) and your assessment
12. Agree with FAIL due to contrast
13. Would say FAIL - unable to locate the labels A, B and C (are they in
the graphic itself?)

Also, did we do away with using the COGA definition of "Important
Information", or modified?

Lastly, I can go ahead and remove "7. EM Proposed Description" now from the
SC, if no objections.

                    Erich Manser
                    IBM
                    Accessibility,