Luminosity Brightness of Enabled/Disabled Form Controls using default browser styling

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 09:55:08 -0600
To: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Standard HTML form controls. No styling -- default browser styling. Where
possible the darkest color was used for contrast determination. All borders
were 1 px, used 4.5:1 luminosity ratio as passing per WCAG 1.4.3. Used the
latest version of each browser. No access to Edge.

Used Color Contrast Analyser (
https://www.paciellogroup.com/resources/contrastanalyser/) on Windows and
Macintosh.

Results:

Only IE10 PASSED for borders on ENABLED form control - FF, CHROME, SAFARI
FAILED.

NO browser passed for disabled elements.
http://w3c.github.io/low-vision-SC/luminosity-form-controls.htmlhttp://w3c.github.io/low-vision-SC/luminosity-form-controls.html

related to:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/low-vision-a11y-tf/wiki/Contrast_(Minimum)​

--